FunnyOrDie.com is a website created by Adam McKay and Will Ferrell that allows videos to be rated by peers on how funny or how not funny people think they are. Many contributors happen to be famous comics and actors who have surprised us in one way or another with their ridiculous videos. I took a look at a lot of videos and narrowed down five of my favorites. Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch- these are MY favorite FunnyorDie videos. If you have a different opinion, we’d love to hear what you think.
5. Prop 8 The Musical: First off, I was a little hesitant to even consider this one. It’s a bit racy, considering Jack Black is Jesus. But man I am a sucker for a good musical number! Not to mention all the great people in this. Um, John C. Reilly, Maya Rudolphe, Margaret Cho, Andy Richter, Rashida Jones, Neil Patrick Harris…the list goes on. The music is so incredibly catchy I want to download the song and sing it in my car. It’s just too worthy to not be in my top five.
4. Bieber Takes Over: Ok, shoot me. But before you get all worked up, check it out. The Biebs ain’t so bad. I know what you’re wondering: “Are you an 11 year old girl?” Actually, Justin Bieber is just funny to laugh at, especially when he is trying to act tough. “Hey what’s up internet? It’s Justin Bieber. And I’ve taken over FunnyOrDie. It’s mine. I bought it. And anything that isn’t Bieber dies!” He isn’t a comedian but he definitely likes to cause drama with them. If you watch stand-up comic Aziz Ansari’s video, “Raaaaaaaandy Declares War on Justin Bieber” you will understand.
3. Between Two Ferns: Funny man Zach Galifinakis (The Hangover) has created this spacey, off the wall character that we aren’t sure is real or just an act. When I watch “Between Two Ferns” – his series on FunnyorDie – I actually think he might be this oddball weirdo. But then I reconsider because I don’t know if anyone can possibly be that strange. For the most part all ” Between Two Ferns” are a bit uncomfortable to watch but are so worth it. The funniest is this interview with Jennifer Aniston and Tila Tequila.
2. The Hills: Actor James Franco (Pineapple Express, 127 Hours) and actress Mila Kunis (The Black Swan, Friends With Benefits) push aside Lauren Conrad and her posse from The Hills to create a short parody of the show. Let me tell you, Franco and Kunis may not be doing anything exciting here, other than imitating Audria Patridge and Justin Bobby, but I would still rather watch them than actually watch The HIlls. There are enough puppy dog faces and “yeahs” from Kunis that it will make you sick to your stomach, while Franco says the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. Is it just me or was the wig on Franco the icing on the cake?
1. The Landlord: Am I being too cliche? This may be the most viewed FunnyorDie video, but all for good reason. The plot goes that Will Ferrell hasn’t paid his rent and the landlord is waiting at his door to bug him. The bizarre part: the landlord is a baby! She curses and is shockingly a drunkard. I’ve seen it too many times to count, but it never gets old. Little fun fact: Baby Pearl is actually the daughter of Adam McKay. Many child psychologists got on Ferrell and McKay’s case for “child exploitation.” McKay expressed at the time, “Fortunately she is in this great stage now where she repeats anything you say to her and then forgets it right away, which is key. She has not said the ‘B-word’ since we shot the thing.” The short premiered in 2007 and soon after Pearl was in “Good Cop Bad Cop”, another FunnyorDie video.